Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good Art Bad Art


Good art to me is the ability to take some thing fictional or imaginary and bring it to life. The kind of art that brings the possiblity that everything is true, fairy-tale creatures and horror story monsters.It even more extrodinary when an artist takes an imaginary figure like a unicorn or mermaids and gives them very realistic features.I love debating with myself over whether something is possible. Everyone wants to believe in magic.

Bad Art in my opinion can be a lot of different things, but one I consider especially bad are still life paintings of random objects. To be able to paint what you see exactly as is is a great talent, but not one I feel people can relate to. There isn't much thought or imagination put into painting a bowl of fruit. But i know from personal experience that inspiration can come from anything, every artists has thier reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment